Vice President/Director, Product Marketing SaaS
Experience in small to mid size start up or early stage SaaS players will only be considered at this time.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting product marketing executive with a proven track record of successfully taking products to market and increasing revenue. You would spearhead the marketing team and oversee all messaging, which includes articulating our unique value proposition to the market. Are you a Storyteller? If so this is the role for you – if you can take feedback from peers as well as clients and translate that into a Story to drive the value proposition and has a guiding principle of high quality, on-time delivery and a sense of urgency – this is the role you have been waiting for.
Our client's culture promotes collaboration, a sense of urgency, and high-quality and on-time delivery. If you are a product marketing rock star with a passion for bringing innovative solutions to customers, come join our team!
If you are a product marketing rock star with a passion for bringing innovative solutions to customers, come join the team!
· Translate the product vision and strategy into messaging that positions the value of the entire portfolio from an “outside-in” perspective including what is available today and, in the future,
Value proposition development and delivery
· Develop and articulate compelling value propositions that are clear, differentiated and defensible
· This goes beyond general taglines – but deep a compelling campaign by thoroughly understanding what matters and the clients' pain points and translating that in to substantiate product marketing messages and content.
· Deliver messaging and positioning appropriate for the products and the portfolio, customized across needed content modalities, channels and internal/external audience categories
· Oversee the creation of compelling copy that is consistent in tone and speaks to the voice of the customer
· Ensure that all collateral is consistent with our brand image and tone
Market sizing support
· Support Product in analyzing and size cross-industry potential markets and customer segments to determine the highest value opportunities
· Perform detailed market, competitive landscape assessments supporting product positioning and market entry evaluations
· Translate internal feature roadmap into an externally consumable and regularly updated articulation of customer value deliveries current and future
Customer Segmentation & Targeting
· Working with Product Management, understand and map customer needs to target markets in order to determine which to actively pursue
· Working with Product Management, develop and document the targeted personas for specific service offerings and the customer buying process in order to determine appropriate sales distribution strategies
· Working with Product Management, identify best means to address the target audience and incorporate into marketing plans
· Activate and leverage the full breadth of Our Clients’ GTM capabilities to meet product targets; ensure alignment across the organization on priority and clarity in terms of what to sell. Be accountable for the market success of the product portfolio together with the Product and Sales organizations.
· Support development of commercial structures and packages to achieve financial goals of Product organization including sales/partner/customer promotions and incentives as appropriate product feature updates, promotions, etc. through appropriate channels
· Lead cross functional efforts to create appropriate quantitative proof points regarding performance of Our Clients’ Platform and its product portfolio relative to alternatives and substitutes. Maintain documentation and incorporate into marketing materials/forums as appropriate
· Lead analysis of simple and complex data across all platforms and channels to measure overall performance drivers to make actionable recommendations
· Support Product as needed in the gathering of customer requirements and feedback through any forums including Customer Advisory Boards, online forums etc.
· Participate in cross functional product and roadmap governance forums covering both current roadmap execution and future roadmap planning
· Manage a growing team of marketing and product marketing professionals
· Foster a collaborative environment between product, sales, product marketing, development, etc.
· Provide training and create content, assets, and tools including sales presentations, platform demos, competitive briefs and other materials
· 7+ years of product marketing experience in B2B tech; SaaS is preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field of study
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· A demonstrated track record of development and execution of creative, innovative strategies to meet objectives
· Willingness to wear many hats in a start-up setting; including content development and marketing
· Ability to lead by example, provide constructive criticism and encourage professional growth
· HubSpot and Salesforce knowledge highly preferred